Thank you for taking a moment to view my online resume.
I enjoy building data-driven applications that generate real added value for organizations and individuals. I like to come up with innovative ideas, assess their potential value and build proof of concept cases. I also enjoy building full-blown scalable, distributed and production-ready applications. To me, the scope of a project should always include the transformation of raw data into meaningful new insights by applying statistical procedures. It is what I am good at, and it is what I love to do.
Throughout the years I have combined many job roles, from pre-sales and business development to IT architecture, software installation and configuration, technical support and end-user coaching. One consistency, since the start of my career in 2008, is that I have primarily worked with SAS Analytics software for transforming raw data into valuable insights. I am a certified expert in the core SAS Business Analytics framework and have in-depth knowledge and experience in many domain-specific solutions such as SAS Marketing Automation, SAS Web Analytics, SAS Social Media Analytics, SAS Text Analytics and SAS Visual Analytics.
Recently, as highlighted in this blog post, I gained knowledge and hands-on experience in Hadoop, a major Big Data storage and processing framework. I also obtained the Certified Hadoop Administrator credential in the process.
From a technology perspective, I will continue to focus and invest in SAS and Hadoop in the coming years.
I am a team player. Sharing experiences with others is valuable to me and working together with talented individuals is a big motivator for me.
Belbin Team Roles Analysis:
- Plant (13%): Tend to be highly creative and good at solving problems in unconventional ways
- Resource investigator (5%): They provide inside knowledge on the opposition and made sure that the team’s idea will carry to the outside world
- Co-ordinator (7%): Needed to focus on the team's objectives, draw out team members and delegate work appropriately
- Shaper (4%): Provide the necessary drive to ensure that the team keep moving and do not lose focus or momentum
- Monitor (10%): Provides a logical eye, making impartial judgements where required and weighs up the team's options in a dispassionate way
- Team worker (15%): Help the team to gel, using their versatility to identify the work required and complete it on behalf of the team
- Implementor (17%): Needed to plan a workable strategy and carry it out as efficiently as possible
- Completer (14%): Most effectively used at the end of tasks to polish and scrutinise the work for errors, subjecting it to the highest standards of quality control
- Specialist (15%): Provides a logical eye, making impartial judgements where required and weighs up the team's options in a dispassionate way
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging
Cedric was for me an ideal sparring partner to discuss innovative and unique capabilities that could give our customers a real competitive and strategic advantage. The combination of his curiosity and profound technical knowledge made him a most valuable colleague.Jeroen Van Godtsenhoven Managing Director SAS Belgium
big data & analytics
Learning and development lab
In order to accelerate my personal development in a number of technologies, I have set up a Big Data learning and development lab. I acquired and configured a number of hardware components to represent a small datacenter, optimized for distributed processing. Next, I installed and configured the CentOS 7 operating system. Finally, I installed a number of 'Big Data' data management and analysis technologies including Hadoop, Spark, SAS and Qlik.
Work experience, education and training
July 2016 – December 2016, FedEx
"At FedEx I helped the European Marketing & Strategic Planning division to utilize SAS Visual Analytics for performance management reporting and planning optimization."
April 2016 – June 2016, P&V Insurance
"P&V Insurance requested an audit of their Business Intelligence architecture and processes. I have provided recommendations and practical examples on how to better utilize their existing investment in SAS EBI and SAS Visual Analytics. Practical examples included workflow management, commenting system and validation module."
April 2015 – December 2015, Belfius Insurance
"At Belfius Insurance I primarily developed ETL processes and data visualization dashboards. I also provided technical support and end-user coaching for SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Data Integration Studio and SAS Visual Analytics."
September 2014 – March 2015, Santander Consumer Finance
"At Santander Consumer Finance I took the role of project manager and lead developer for the 'SAS Visual Analytics' data visualization environment. I also supported the marketing team to leverage the SAS Marketing Automation and SAS Enterprise Miner capabilities for more efficient and better targeted marketing communications."
February 2011 - May 2014, SAS Institute
"In February 2011 I was recruited by SAS Institute to strengthen the customer intelligence team. My responsibilities covered a large part of the software sales cycle.
Business development activities included defining go-to-market strategies together with the account management team, supporting marketing activities (e.g. delivering presentations and software demos), understanding customer requirements and responding to inquiries (from basic RFI/RFP responses to all-inclusive software licensing and project delivery proposals). Post-sales activities included project management, software installation and configuration, technical support and end-user coaching. Business development and post-sales activities were situated in various industries (government, banking, consumer goods, telecommunication, life sciences, etc..), mostly in a national context and occasionally in an international context."
October 2008 - December 2010, Business & decision
"For over two years I have been an integral part of Business & Decision's business intelligence and risk management group. Since day one, I have played a key role in all aspects of the business intelligence area: data collection, data storage, analytics and reporting. My main tasks consisted of co-managing (from a technical/operational point of view) reporting capabilities regarding risk management, corporate performance management and human resource management. I have also provided technical support for all reporting functions which included web related technologies."
January 2016 - March 2016, Hortonworks
- Hadoop essentials: An introduction to all Hadoop building blocks (YARN, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark and many more..)
- Hadoop administration: Install and configure Hadoop
August 2008 - May 2014, SAS Institute
- SAS Programming 1 & 2 (SAS Base)
- SAS Enterprise Guide and MS Office Add-on
- SAS Stored Processes
- SAS Information Maps & Web Report Studio
- SAS Advanced Programming
- SAS Data Integration Studio
- SAS OLAP Cube Studio
- SAS Financial Management
- SAS Social Media Analytics
- SAS Real-Time Decision Manager
- Applied Analytics using SAS Enterprise Miner
- SAS Text Analytics (including SAS Text Miner, SAS Sentiment Analysis and SAS Enterprise Content Categorization)
- SAS Visual Analytics
September 2004 - June 2008, Hogeschool Gent
Master in Information Technology Management
SAS Base Programmer for SAS 9
SAS Advanced Programmer for SAS 9
Certified Hadoop Administrator (Hortonworks)
Certified Hadoop Administrator (Cloudera)
Get in touch with me
Get in touch
Feel free to get in touch via e-mail or social media. You can also send a direct message by using the contact form.